7.11.2005

instant memory

I was struck during the coverage of the recent bombing in London of all the cell phone pics and videos as well as the instantaneous "first-hand" accounts that were on the online news sources within seconds. Then this weekend, there was an article in the Globe and Mail that talked about this movement towards non-journalists reporting the news, recalling the "fake" tsunami photo - if it's published, it must be real, right?

But in the rush to get the scoop, how much is published in error, whether well-intentioned or not?

I'm curious about how we could use this phenomenon of "instant reporting" to create some performance scores, inevitably twisting the "news" to our own ends, viewpoints, biases...

2 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'est intéressent l'idée de décalage...

 
At 2:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that you know this appeals to me (as per my piece in last festival) ..i would love to explore more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home